Background

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Endings.

CGSC Graduation 2012
This past Friday was an ending of this year for Matt in his CGSC schooling. It was pretty bittersweet...mainly because this has really been a great year for both of us. We've been able to hang out, relax, and have a lot of fun just meeting new people and experiencing new things. I knew it'd get here eventually. I mean time doesn't stand still after all; but I didn't know how quick it would actually be here. It feels like we just were getting ready to move to Leavenworth. In fact, it actually has almost been a year since we moved. So much was uncertain. It was the first time I'd be without a job in quite some time. I didn't know what I was going to do with myself. I didn't know anyone here. So it was uncertain if I'd make friends...which I knew I would eventually, but you never know! We had been assigned a house, but it was uncertain if we'd live there or if we could get into something else on post (we got into that something else...which was a blessing!). A military move was something I'd never done before so it was kind of a scary yet interesting experience for me.
MAJ Matthew Albert Broderick

But yet, here we are. Made TONS of new friends, had a great house, and we are getting to move to a beautiful state--COLORADO! :) We are really excited about the next chapter in our lives. And this time...we'll be there for a good 2-3 years so that's nice. But I think of all the things we've gained as a couple, as well as what Matt's gained and I have gained individually, while we've been here. The goals we've accomplished. It's been a great year. It's still REALLY sad to me though to leave. I guess I'm not only sad to leave such a beautiful place, but sad to leave such a wonderful community with great friends. I'm not used to moving yet...I don't know if I ever will be. I know it's always a "see you later" kind of thing, but it's still hard. Of course, now that we know people, we have places to visit :) And believe me...we will visit!!!

Sea of Majors :)
Anyway, not supposed to be a Debbie Downer I guess. In any case, we pull out next Friday (21st ish) leaving the lovely little town of Leavenworth behind us...with a doggie and two kitties, my Kia hooked up to Matt's truck. At least this time we can drive straight through! Hello 9 hours...as opposed to a 14 hour drive from San Antonio (I add the hour on for potty breaks...and since we were pulling my car). Only down fall is we will have good 'ol Kansas saying bye to us in the form of West Kansas. Look to your right....plains....look to your left....plains....Oh look a gigantic windmill. How exciting. The monotony might just be broken up with some Harry Potter...what car ride wouldn't be awesome without it! I'm sure Matt is rolling his eyes. I've watched the movies a million times. Love me some Harry Potter! :) We are excited though. It should be a fun time there. Lots of really neat outdoorsy stuff to do. We found a pretty chill pool hall up there that we are totally going to frequent. So the blogs should get more interesting! Maybe with actual pictures of things other than food! :) GASP...maybe pictures of Matt and I! haha...Why is it so hard for me to remember to take pics of us! Gah! Wait...here's one of Matt :)
Handsome Man!

Don't be jealous. I know I'm lucky. Gotta love a man in uniform!!!!! Well I guess I will leave y'all with that handsome man pic. :) I'm way behind on posts, but I'll get there. I have a yummy summer recipe coming up as well as Tuesday's travels with a Jamaican spiced chicken mmmmmm! Until then!

This...is our new house...

No comments:

Post a Comment