Background

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Now that it's officially out there I can say.... WE ARE EXPECTING!!!!

Because you wanted to see my pee sticks
You read that correctly....we are expecting! We decided to wait until we knew what our baby was gender wise before we announced the pregnancy. So now that we know...
Matt and I would like to officially announce that:

We are both very excited and are looking forward to this journey! Ready or not, right???? I thought it would be fun to do a weekly questionnaire for you guys...and also for this week I found this cute questionnaire and decided to fill it out...because it fills you in on all the pregnancy details of the past months!!! :) So have at it!


About the Mommy!
Name: Jennifer (duh)
Age: 27
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
First Child: Yes

About the Daddy!
Name: Matthew
Age: 37
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel (although sometimes they look yellow! like a cat's! ooooo)
First Child: No, Matt has two boys :) and this one makes three!!!! Man...he's on a roll!

Finding Out!!
What day did you find out?: April 24, 2013
How did you feel when you found out?: Scared, nervous, excited...disbelief.."well that happened fast!" haha! We only started trying in March and then April...boom!
Who was with you?: No one--Matt was at work still and I took the test at around 6:00pm after feeling funny in Body Pump...
Who was the first person you told?: Matt of course! :)
How did they react?: He was excited ...maybe shocked...??

Telling the Grandparents!!!
How did your parents react?: I Skyped with my mom, dad, and aunt after we had had the 8 week ultrasound...I wanted to make sure there was a heartbeat, etc. I told them I wanted to introduce them to someone and they were all very excited when I showed them the ultrasound.
How did his parents react?: They were excited for us
Are they helping with baby names?: I've bounced names off of them for feedback...so sort of! :)
Have they bought anything for the baby yet?: Are you kidding me?? This child will be well clothed and read too! :)
How often do they call to check on you?: My mom calls me every night...Matt's deployed so she calls to check up on me to make sure I haven't gotten kidnapped ;-) don't worry! I'm still here! I've got a gun....

About the Pregnancy!!!
When was your first appointment?: May 28, 2013 @ 9:10am...Matt was able to come to it with me! It was so cool...the ultrasound was more detailed then I had expected...I'm almost positive I saw it's nose and hands...
When is your due date?: January 4, 2014 (I thought that was cool with the 01-04-2014 look) If it was 10 days later, it would have fallen on my maternal grandfather's 100th birthday! 
How far along are you?: 25 weeks, 5 days
Have you had any ultrasounds?: Three total (one at 8weeks, one at 12wks, and one at 20 weeks)
Have you heard the heartbeat?: Yes! I recorded it on my phone too so Matt could listen to it later over video chat :) The baby was moving quite a bit!
What was the heartbeat?: @12wks it was 170, @20wks it was??? I don't remember, but this last appt it was at 158
Sex of the baby: A BOY!!! YAY!!!!!

About the birth!!
Do you know what you are taking with you?: In true Jeni fashion, I have lists saved of what to take :) the internet is great for that! No need to take more than what you truly need...
Who is going to be with you?: My parents will be in town so they will be at the hospital, but in the delivery room, just my Matthew and the doctor/nurse.
Are you going to videotape it?: Absolutely not..no one is allowed down there unless they are supposed to be!! :) That's just me...I'm a private person.
Natural or Medicated?: Medicated please!
Do you think you will need a c-section?: I am hoping no, but knowing my entrance into the world--things happen! Sometimes baby needs to come out a little differently then what was planned... :) I was under a lot of stress so I was taken by c-section--hmmm kind of how I stress out now...should have known, mom!
Will you cry when you hold your baby for the first time?: Most likely...but who knows!
Do you think Daddy will cry?: That I can't answer...but maybe? The manly answer would be no... ;)
Do you know what you will say to the baby when you first hold him/her?: Not really...but maybe commenting on some physical feature that might be a reminder of Matt or I...which should be interesting! We both have very dominating genes! :) maybe "I'm glad you're here...let's celebrate!" :)

Names!!
Do you have a name picked out?: Yep!
Is your baby going to be named after someone?: First name, no...but middle name yes!

Other Random Questions!!
Have you felt the baby move?: Yes!!!! Crazy kid in there if the moving around is any indication...we may have a night owl on our hands
What was your first symptom?: I was in Body Pump and noticed my heart rate was CRAZY high on my HR monitor--that was the first thing I had noticed when I was pregnant in September 2012 before miscarrying--I found this odd and kind of thought to myself "hmmmm I wonder if I'm pregnant...." so I finished the class and went straight to Walmart to get a pregnancy test...then I went home and BOOM...sure enough. I remember thinking that the line that popped up was so much darker than what I had been seeing in September...I felt like that was a good sign...
Will your baby have God-Parents?: No
What is the baby’s room theme?: We are going for a monkey elephanty giraffey....type theme :) focusing on chocolate and sage green colors. I decided this before knowing what the sex was...because it can go either way really! It'll be perfect for him though.
What was the first thing you bought for the baby?: Hmmm...I actually haven't bought ANYTHING for the baby...I'm a bad parent already! :-/ But clothing has been bought by my mom and aunt :)
Will you cloth diaper?: Nope
Breastfeeding or Formula?: Both...with my crazy schedule I would like to pump enough to be able to bottle feed if I'm somewhere public (I'm ubber private about stuff and really don't want to breastfeed in public)...or if I don't have breast milk with me--formula...and depending on what's going on during the day, I may have to supplement with formula. I have a plan in my head...in any case, the child will be well fed! :) It just may not be what some people agree with...but I have to do what I have to do.
What is your favorite pregnancy book?: I have What to Expect When You're Expecting..."the pregnancy bible" so I enjoy looking at that...BUT my favorite is actually a book that my mom gave me that she had when she was pregnant with me...it has pictures of what the baby looks like inside of you. If you can get past the 1960s look of the lady and the wording in the book--it's quite informative!
What do you look forward to doing again once you are no longer pregnant?: Running!! And working out like I used to...I've been working out, but I can't do it like I did pre-pregnancy...it's just soooo tiring. And slightly depressing...I haven't been able to get used to that yet honestly...I've had to go down in weights in Body Pump and I still get so breathless...ugh. And half way through the hour I feel so sluggish and ready for it to be over with. Sometimes I feel like I am going to pass out and honestly, I don't look pregnant. I have enough of a pooch to look like maybe I ate too much Mexican food the night before :-/...I also am looking forward to (and please don't think I'm an alcoholic..) WINE! I miss having a glass of wine...when I want! 
What physical features do you hope baby will get from Daddy?: His smile :) and nice eyes
What physical features do you hope baby will get from you?: My hair maybe my eyes too...I don't know!
Is he ready to be a Daddy?: Maybe? We still have some time yet...I guess he should get ready if he's not!
Are you ready to be a Mommy?: I have to get there...I'm ready, but I am also very anxious about it (we go back to the whole schedule thing...I just want to make sure I can handle everything and then I'll be fine and not so worried) <---I'm a worrier and I stress...school + baby + commitments=STRESS! But I can do it! :)

Weekly Questionnaire<---this one I'm going to try to update each week!!! :)
This week, Baby is the size of a: Zucchini
How far along? 25 weeks, 5 days
Due date: January 4, 2014
Total weight gain/loss: gain of 6 lbs from my 8 week appt, gain of 10 lbs from after losing some weight the first trimester
Maternity clothes? I have a maternity skirt I'm wearing because it's comfy and then I've been using a rubber band on my shorts, that's about it! I have a whole GREAT bin of clothes that I was given and can't wait to dive into those once I need them!! :) *Thanks April!*
Sleep: I'm having bits of insomnia :-/ I can never fall asleep until around 3 in the morning...although it may be because Matthew is not there :(
Best moment this week: Feeling him move so much I guess! Sometimes it's kind of scary...haha!
Movement: I definitely feel him...I try to feel the exact place where he will kick, but it's always the opposite...sneaky kid. He likes to "swim away" as Matt and I say...he avoids stuff such as when the Doctor uses the Doppler to listen to his heart beat, he literally moved away...not joking.
Food cravings: No real cravings honestly. Nothing like I HAVE TO HAVE (fill in the blank)...the other day I thought a Twinkie sounded nice...but I didn't go after it. So it must not have been a true craving....
Symptoms: My back hurts. My lower back to be exact...it's really annoying.
Gender: It's a BOY!!!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? in
Feeling toward Pregnancy: I'm kind of bored with it...I know that's a harsh thing to say, but I really am...maybe it's the waiting that's boring? I don't know...I'm not really enjoying it like people say you are supposed to...I don't think that's a bad thing and I don't think it makes me a bad mother to be, I just don't enjoy it and I think it has a lot to do with feeling awkward and not being able to just get up and go do things like I'm used to.
What I miss: I miss my Matthew...a lot. And I miss wine :) Matt and wine...hehe!
What I am looking forward to: getting the pregnancy over with/having that baby in my arms and figuring out a good schedule....I'm all about the schedule. Once I figure that out for the first bit...I'll be good to go and not as stressed.
Milestones: Ummmm I'm not really sure...we found out the gender but that was 5 weeks ago. It was still fun though! :)

And just because I know you want to see him, here's our baby! Matt and I kiiiiind of think that he looks like he's flipping us off...naughty child. But seriously...it looks like he is. Right? haha! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this Jeni....It's like being there with you. My grandson would never "flip off" anyone... : ) Well maybe... LOL!

    ReplyDelete